Monday 8 September 2014

Stash Enhancement at the Spinning Guild (pic heavy post!)

This weekend the local Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers had a supplier's day, where they invited some stores and individuals from around Scotland to come and sell their wares.  I don't normally get to go to local yarn stores or knitting events as I don't drive and live in a rural area, so I was really looking forward to this.  I tend to save up all my money for events like this, instead of making regular purchases, and then have a major yarn blow-out :D  Which is basically what happened on Saturday.

All of my purchases together:



I'll go from top to bottom and tell you all about them :D

The skeins are merino/nylon fingering weight yarns from knitglobal: www.knitglobal.com
They're probably going to become some Martina Behm scarves/shawls.













 These braids are all merino/silk blends.  They're very soft and squishy and have wonderful colours.  They were from the Queen of Purls stall, who are a new shop in Glasgow:  http://www.thequeenofpurls.com/

I did go a bit mad at their stall, and all the fibre is from there.










Here's some individual pics of those braids, for the pretty :D








Next up is some Manx Loughton fibre:


And some BABY ALPACA which is so soft and squishy it's unbelieveable.  I just can't stop petting it!




I got 200g of each fibre as I spin quite densely and I wanted to be able to get some decent yardage for a change.  Here's all the fibre together:



And lastly the two cones:
 
 These are 200g each of Shetland wool from Yarns to Yearn For: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/yarnstoyearnfor

I don't know what they're going to become yet, probably some scarves.

So, as you can see, the stash increased by quite a bit on Saturday!  It does seem like an awful lot of yarn and fibre, but like I said, I don't normally get the chance to buy in real life, and don't tend to buy yarns etc off the internet much either, so this is the big blow-out time.  I think it's been more than a few months since I bought any yarn or fibre really, except for a few small balls from the charity shop to make hats with, which was a couple of months ago as well.  Hark at me trying to justify myself lol!  All this pretty doesn't need justifying :D  I'm super excited about knitting and spinning with it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment